Saturday, May 13, 2006

From Yesterday to Today........

Life is travelled only once. Today's moment becomes tomorrows memory..........I read that somewhere but can't recall where..probably an SMS sent to me.

sudden recollection of this line started a domino effect in my memory taking me through my pensive bowl to a hot sunny afternoon in front of a Delhi University college. Waiting for my friend who had gone to get the passes for the entry.

Here i was watching birds ......aahmmm i mean girls(sorry). When my eyes fell upon this girl dressed in a sky blue top and denim jeans and in my heart rose a desire to know this girl.To know where she came from who had put a stop to 360 degree rotation of my eyes who was holding my eyes at command as an army major holds his soldiers.

i longed to move forward and talk to her but dared not......knowing probably a flurry of adjectives she would badge on to me if not appreciation of her hand.

so, I move my eyes away from her.glancing occasionally at her and cursing my stupid friend under breath who had taken so long to get the entry passes.

then I hear "excuse me" from behind and without glancing back I move a bit forward thinking probably I was blocking sumbody's way in this jampacked place.......but then i hear that courteous "excuse me" again and i turn around .........and i find myself looking at a face so innocent and lovelythat for a second i thought I was day dreaming.

Then she asked in her chirpy voice
"Hi! me and my......................................................................................"
I dont know what she said probably i wasnt listening or I had gone deaf for a few moments indifferent to what was happening around me.

but then I got another tap on my shoulder bringing me back from mesmerization and I saw my friend standing behind me and saying "hello" to her with such a beaming face that i felt like punching him right there. :)

Oh! she asked again "Hi! me and my friend dont have passes u guys got some extra?"

here i knew we had reached a dead end to our one ended short conversation because in this crowd getting passes was like getting heavenly nectar in hell.Anyways we had to say"no" with a heavy heart i watched her go. how I wished i could give her our passes but coudnt offer........

fast forward to Today......

Today when i urge her to read the account and ask her have i done justice to our first rendezvous. With a smile on her face that still makes my heart go jumpy she says"dear u still remember aur first bizzare meeting?"

I say "My dear how could i ever forget......"


If u ask me where is the complete story? I say sumthngs are better left................................ :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent mixture of words and feeling has developed this instance into a heart-touching experience. I wish not to have any such experience or else I wouldn't be able to describe it that beautifully.

Anonymous said...

now this is what we call luv at first sight... i didnt believe in this concept before..but after reading this and knowing the genuineness of this content....i have to believe it now...a beautiful experience beautifully expressed.....hey namit..you are very lucky to have been in this situation....am sure you will cherish this moment for the rest of your life...

Anonymous said...

abey sach to yeh hai ki yeh to apan sab ke saath hota hai :) ...... matlab ladki dekhi mooh se seeti baje haath se taali ...... lekin one things for sure the expression of thoughts requires an applaud..... great work

tanayesh said...

good thghts and blend of words buddy...chck my blog too itz http://life4some.blogspot.com...so wht do u do?..i lll be joining SITM in M&F this June...cya

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

namit said...

@ anoynomous

if u really liked it dont be anonymous.....every body likes praise n i appreciate u for that...so tell me who u are??